Supporting digital development at Boston College (podcast)
This episode is the first in a series of podcasts focused on further education and skills, hosted by Andrew McFadyen and Louisa Stamatelopoulos. Throughout this series Andrew and Louisa will be joined by experts from further education colleges to shine a light on how they support digital development through the use of Jisc tools, such as the digital elevation tool, building digital capability service and digital experience insights surveys.
Phil Peatling, Head of Digital Learning at Boston College, discusses the digital transformation of development and skills for both teachers and learners, to prepare them for digital advancements across industries. Next, Phil talks about how Jisc’s digital elevation tool gave the college a platform for development and brought the Digital team and the IT technicians closer together to assess their digital maturity levels. Phil also shares advice for teachers on using digital technology and how he sees the role of the further education teacher changing over time. Show notes See how our digital capability service can help you
- Find out more about how the digital elevation tool can elevate FE and skills providers’ digital ambitions
- Discover how the digital experience insights service works
- Learn more about building digital capabilities
- Explore our further education and skills hub
- Subscribe to our Headlines newsletter, which has all the latest edtech news, guidance and events tailored to you
Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to come on the show or know someone who might suit the series.