Community of practice
Join our active community of practice
There is a strong emphasis on leadership by the community, learning from each other and sharing what works.
It is a community that welcomes both experienced participants and those who have not previously used insights but who would like to find out more.
Revised plans for our next community of practice event - 21 May 2020
After careful consideration and because of the ongoing and unpredictable developments around coronavirus (COVID-19), our Joint building digital capability and digital experience insights community of practice event on 21 May 2020, which we had planned to hold at the University of Northampton, will not go ahead as a physical, face-to-face event. We are working closely with the University of Northampton to explore offering an online version of the day and we will keep you updated.
Our next webinar - 14 May 2020 (11:00 - 12:00)
The focus for this webinar is ‘how to go about analysing your survey data’. The webinar will take place in zoom so use this link to join the webinar on the day.
Please let us know if you have any questions or topic areas you’d like to be covered in the webinar by either emailing email@example.com (putting ‘insights surveys’ in the subject line) or calling 0300 300 2212 07:00 – 00:00 (Monday – Friday). Note, as well as emailing Jisc you can also ask the community using the JISC-DIGITALINSIGHTS-COP@JISCMAIL.AC.UK list.
Benefits of membership
- Subscribers to the Jisc digital experience insights service receive two priority places per institution for each of the community of practice network events held each year as well as at any additional support webinars.
- Staff share how they are implementing insights service within their organisation
- Sessions on what works and support with data collection and analysis
- Introduction to resources that will help you make effective use of the insight service
- Opportunities to network and learn from others
- Updates on latest initiatives and research
- A closed mailing list focusing on your data insights challenges and successes
I very much enjoyed the whole event. It was really great to hear about what other institutions have been doing.Bronwen Swinnerton, senior research fellow in digital education, University of Leeds
Impressive how many institutions are making very positive gains through insights. We’ll get left behind if we don’t join in!Participant at digital experience insights community of practice event (November 2018)
Previous community of practice events and webinars
You can view our programme, presentations, recordings and resources of our previous events
- 4 March 2020 - webinar 'How to maximise your response rates (recording, slides)
- 15 January 2020 - webinar 'Getting started' which focused on FE providers (slides available soon)
- 06 November 2019, Staffordshire University - slides and recordings are available from our digital insights blog
- 16 October 2019 – webinar: what’s new for digital experience insights service in 2019? (recording, slides, chat transcript)
- 22 May 2019 - slides and recordings
- 23 January 2019 - slides from webinar
- 14 November 2018, Birmingham - our first CoP event