Community of practice
Join our active community of practice
There is a strong emphasis on leadership by the community, learning from each other and sharing what works.
It is a community that welcomes both experienced participants and those who have not previously used insights but who would like to find out more.
Hold the date: our next community of practice event will be on 21 May 2020 at the University of Northampton
The University of Northampton have kindly offered to host our next digital experience insights community of practice event on 21 May 2020.
This event is free to attend but you do need to register to do so as places will be limited and priority given to service subscribers. Details on how to book will be released in early spring.
FE 'getting started' webinar - 15 January 2020
Have run your insights surveys yet? Spring is often the best time for colleges to run them. Why not plan to run the surveys around the 11 February 2020 on safer internet day? Find out more and celebrate globally with the theme: together for a better internet here.
The insights surveys team will host a Zoom webinar between 12:30 – 1.30 on the 15 January 2020 to discuss how to get the most out of the surveys and answer any specific questions you may have about running your insights surveys. To join the meeting you just need to click on this link here on the day. Please let us know if you have any questions or topic areas you’d like to be covered in the webinar by either emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (putting ‘insights surveys’ in the subject line) or calling 0300 300 2212 07:00 – 00:00 (Monday – Friday). Note, as well as emailing Jisc you can also ask the community using the JISC-DIGITALINSIGHTS-COP@JISCMAIL.AC.UK list. Click here to join
Benefits of membership
- Subscribers to the Jisc digital experience insights service receive two priority places per institution for each of the community of practice network events held each year as well as at any additional support webinars.
- Staff share how they are implementing insights service within their organisation
- Sessions on what works and support with data collection and analysis
- Introduction to resources that will help you make effective use of the insight service
- Opportunities to network and learn from others
- Updates on latest initiatives and research
- A closed mailing list focusing on your data insights challenges and successes
I very much enjoyed the whole event. It was really great to hear about what other institutions have been doing.Bronwen Swinnerton, senior research fellow in digital education, University of Leeds
Impressive how many institutions are making very positive gains through insights. We’ll get left behind if we don’t join in!Participant at digital experience insights community of practice event (November 2018)
Previous community of practice events and webinars
You can view our programme, presentations, recordings and resources of our previous events
- 06 November 2019, Staffordshire University - slides and recordings are available from our digital insights blog
- 16 October 2019 – webinar: what’s new for digital experience insights service in 2019? (recording, slides, chat transcript)
- 22 May 2019 - slides and recordings
- 23 January 2019 - slides from webinar
- 14 November 2018, Birmingham - our first CoP event